Sunday, August 12, 2012

the kitchen blues

I didn't watch HGTV's series Design Star this season, but I caught an episode of the winner's show, Danielle Colding's Shop This Room and I was pleasantly surprised by her work. She incorporated beachy tones without making it over the top theme-y. It has inspired me to bring in some blue-gray tones to my kitchen too. I also love the pops of yellow that offers punchy color against the more neutral tones.






















































The fun thing about watching the episode was seeing the amazing little boutiques where she found the elements that transformed the room. I love the shelving with the blue Moroccan tile, and all the beautiful dishes and knick-knacks she found to fill the space.

These pictures and more here




































No comments:

Post a Comment